Ms. Chavez is a Fashion Instructor at the High School of Fashion Industries, located in the heart of Chelsea.
She graduated from the SAME high school, in the class of 1992 and since then has made the world of Fashion her own.
- In 1993, 6 scholarships were sponsored by the Department of Education for Vocational Teaching through their Success Via Apprenticeship program. This opportunity exists for outstanding high school students that believe their future is to teach their trade. Out of over 100 applicants, she was the only female applicant selected.
- After many internships in the Fashion Industry and many years as a substitute teacher, student teacher, and assistant teacher, she went back to school to earn her Bachelors in Fashion Design at the world renown Fashion Institute of Technology.
- Her Senior year at FIT was completed in their Study-Abroad program in Florence, Italy, hosted by the sister school, Polimoda.
- She fell in love with the European Fashion Capital and stayed for 5 short years.
- She earned a Masters of Science in Instructional Technology at the New York Institute of Technology, where she now applies her learned skills in the classroom.
- Her experiences abroad have propelled her to start a Study Abroad program at Fashion High, where Florence University of the Arts is the host school.
- She has partnered with several design companies that has taken her to places such as Moscow, Buenos Aires, London, Paris, and Belgium.
- After all of the learned experiences, she now feels ready to take on the biggest adventure yet – TEACHING!
‘All of the years spent out there
have prepared me for what it is
I love to do, teach Fashion’ – RIC
My newest venture was founding a Non Profit for the students of The High School of Fashion Industries – www.PowerofOneforAll.net
VISIT US AND FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP